Db2 für LUW – Administration basics and extension workshop
Cost per person:
2.430,00€ excl. VAT
2.891,70€ incl. VAT
on site (plus travel costs)
Small study groups
Food & drinks
Seminar documents and training in german
If you register for several participants, we offer interesting graduated discounts.
You can register by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Herr Joachim Klassen
Telephone: +49 (0) 7141 93 93-0
This workshop consists of the Db2 for LUW Administration Fundamentals Workshop with an extra day for recovery and SQL performance enhancement topics.
For homogeneous participant groups or company seminars, the topic selection for the additional day can be freely varied, eg: “Basics Db2 HADR”
The documents for the workshop are in German and on the most up-to-date Db2 stand – by means of exercises the theory is practically implemented.
- software developer
The topics at a glance:
- Db2 architecture
- IBM Data Server Manager, IBM Data Studio, and Db2 Command Line Processor
- Create databases, tablespaces and DB objects
- Data movement, backup and recovery
- locking mechanisms
- Monitoring and problem analysis
- user management
- Statistics and reorganization
- Database migration, copies (redirected restore)
- SQL analysis using Visual Explain
- Index design and analysis
The participants will get to know the concepts of the database management system Db2 in this workshop. The use of the existing tools and commands is practiced in the numerous practical blocks. Knowledge in the areas of recovery and SQL performance are deepened. Participants will then be able to build and expand a Db2 for LUW environment, perform administrative work and expand their knowledge on the basis they have received.
- Basic knowledge of relational databases, SQL and operating systems (Linux / UNIX, Windows)